• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

View Portfolio's in Adobe Pro

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a portfolio in Adobe Pro.  After creating it and saving it when trying to open the file it just shows a blank page.  I am able to view it if I open it in Adobe Reader.  Any suggestions on how to can view file in Adobe Pro?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see and change the Portfolio settings on the "View" menu?

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I currently have it set to Details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing it to all of the other options. What happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just shows blank when I choose details and layout. When I choose cover sheet it I get msg. For the best experience, open this pdf portfolio in Acrobat X, or Adobe Reader X, or later.  Im opening it in Adobe Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sound like Flash is not operating properly, what Acrobat version are you viewing it in?  What version are you creating the Portfolio in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XI Pro version 11.0.23 and I have Adobe flash version 27.0.0.187

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting that the error message indicates Acrobat X.  Flash was built into Acrobat X, but removed in Acrobat XI.

Also, Adobe changed the Portfolio Flash spec and library in Acrobat XI, basically breaking all the previously created Portfolios.

Anyway, is this the only Portfolio you've created?  What Navigator did you choose? Try making other with different options and see if the same issue persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx i will try that first tomorrow morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning I tried the different Navigation layouts and its still showing blank.  I am in an DOD environment Im not sure if thats causing an issue or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC no longer uses Flash to make portfolios. Since Flash is going to be discontinued in a couple of years, rendering all the old portfolios useless (so far as I can see), it may be best to upgrade now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I am on a government machine we cant make upgrades to Acrobat unless its approved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you are on an old version the impending Flash doom shouldn't affect you. It is possible however that your IT considered flash a security hazard, which it is, and did not allow it to be installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get any message that you need Flash when viewing a portfolio? Or did you get it and ignore it? You need to install the NPAPI version of Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didnt get an messages pertaining to flash.  I do have flash installed i have version 27.0.0.187.  I can view it fine in Adobe reader but not pro.  The version of adobe pro that i have is 11.0.23.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which version of Adobe Reader? Which type of Flash plug-in (there are three)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines