Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black Screen

Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden, whenever I open a document inn Adobe Acrobat XI PRO - I have a black screen. It is not the Accessibility in Preferences- if I export the document to a word file, there is no black screen. I don't know what to do, I've looked at the views and the background, but nothing seems to change it.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you say "black screen", what exactly do you mean? Is all of the Acrobat UI black? Do you still see the toolbars and e.g. the "Tools" area on the right side? Is it just the document view that is black? Do you see any details in the document?

If you are sure that this is not caused by the accessibility settings, I would repair the Acrobat installation (that is available on the Windows version of Acrobat in the Help menu), and if that does not help, I would run Adobe's Cleaner tool and re-install (Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs ) - this again is only available for the Windows version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines