• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pupils go off of eyeballs, worse with keyboard input

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure out why my character's pupils leave the eyeballs. Camera input isn't as bad as keyboard input.  I've gone over all the labeling, compared it with other functioning puppets,,,, I'm lost?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try lowering these Eye Gaze parameter values:

Also, make sure you're running the latest version (v1.1.1 as of right now).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to update and I got this message:

I've attempted to clear history.....

Exit Code: 146

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 146) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobeCharacterAnimator1AllTrial', version:1.1.1.11

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeCharacterAnimator1AllTrial Version: 1.1.1.11). Error code: '146'

WARN: Failed to move directory '/.adobeTemp/F556EA21-EC75-4B67-A54D-20BDB2781AEC/1/universal/Adobe Character Animator CC 2018.app' to '/System/Library/Components/PDFImporter.component/Adobe Character Animator CC 2018/Adobe Character Animator CC 2018.app'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I removed all previous versions of Character Animator.

Afterwards I reopened the character, turned keyboard strength for Eye Gaze down to 10%.

One eye is perfect, the other might need adjustment.  this particular character is more of a 3/4 view of her head, perhaps this is confusing Ch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and I forgot to tell ALL of you guys, THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to be a pest again, but I can get only one eye to work properly at a time.  I'm trying to use keyboard input only.  The right eye works well at 22% keyboard strength and the left eye still jumps off the eyeball?  If I adjust lower for the left, then the right eye barely moves?  Ive attempted to clean any pixels that might be outside fo the eyeball (PSD

/raster file)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are you still running 1.1, or did 1.1.1 work eventually? If still on 1.1, try rebooting and then update to 1.1.1.

For the eyeballs, see this new tip video: 10 Advanced Rigging Tips (Adobe Character Animator Tutorial) - YouTube

Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ye I've updated, I watched the video, shrunk the 'Eyeball' layer and kept a larger 'white' labeled layer in the background.... still no sync in eyeball movement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you set the pupil range movement parameter? Using the group that is the "white" of your eye as the range for pupil movement is helpful (okaysamurai just added an updated advanced rigging tutorial to his YouTube playlist that shows how to make "invisible" eye range to apply a clipping mask on your puppet's eyes.) Also, you can try making each eye an independent layer group with it's own specific eye gaze behavior, so that you can change the eye gaze parameter values Dave was talking about for each eye individually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to attempt the"independent eye group...." solution

thanks guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For the "Exit Code: 146" error that you originally got when attempting to update to Version 1.1.1... was your Mac OS ever reimaged?

Did you do anything specific that allowed the update to work?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines