• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphics Card in i8600k/16GB system with focus on playback timeline

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just build a new system with a Coffee Lake i8600k CPU and Corsair LPX 16GB 3200MHz RAM. Integrated graphics of the 8600k and my old Sapphire R7 250 1GB D5 Ultimate are not powerful enough to playback my Premiere Pro 4k timeline when an adjustment layer with color correction is added. I am considering buying a for example GTX 1050 4GB GDDR5 card but can not find any reviews focused on timeline playback. I do not care much when exporting the final movie is done in 30 instead of 20 minutes, but playback my timeline with 4k movies and adjustment layers should not be a problem.

Are here any experiences with this sort or cards in combination with Premiere Pro with focus on playback the the timeline including any kind of adjustments?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might get some improvement from the GTX 1050 (Ti) GPU, mainly due to its greater amount of graphics RAM. Your current R7 250 is a lousy GPU to begin with, being a lower-end derivative of an architecture that dates back six years (all the way back to 2011). And with only 1GB of onboard graphics RAM, it simply isn't enough to handle 4K smoothly if at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for you reply. I'm sure I might get 'some improvement', but I'd like to hear from some GTX 1050 owners as well how it will performe because I am looking for some more sureness before buying 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What really is holding you back is the fact that while you have an i6 8600K 6-core CPU it is not hyperthreadable so you have less CPU power than a hyperthreadable 4-core CPU.

What is your storage system?

What format is your media?

GPU Acceleration is only usable with some features and effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD for OS (Windows 10) and Premiere Pro 2018. Media is from my Mavic Pro drone stored on a traditional HDD.

Mainly using color grading (manually or using LUTs) and speed/time remapping. I suppose that I should be able to view my timeline smooth when adding a GPU? But...:

On https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Premiere-Pro-CC-2017-1-2-CPU-Performance-Core-i7-8700K-i5... I read this conclusion:

"The Core i5 8600K also did fairly and only fell behind a bit with 4K RED footage that included Lumetri Color Correction and cross dissolves. Even then, the fact that it can play that kind of project at half resolution without dropping any frames is pretty good."

This should mean I do not need any GPU for live playback my timeline with Color Correction and cross dissolves... I'm lost now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure why, but I concluded that the test took place without a seperate GPU but it looks like they used a GTX 1080 ti.

Any users here using a GTX 1050 ti in Premiere Pro? How is the live playback of your timeline with effects and color grading adjustments?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines