• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dreamweaver cc 2018 crashes when opening on windows 10

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the screen I get when launching dreamweaver. how do I fix it?

dreamweaver.png

I have uninstalled all of CC apps and adobe cloud and reinstalled. didn't fix it.

also installed program an a different windows 10 machine and same exact issue. other apps install and run perfectly. just an issue with dreamweaver.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Since I opened the ticket, having had several weeks of regular hassle, it has not gone wrong so I have no crash therefore no logs to send.

A good thing yes, but I am still wondering what might have been wrong. I am not aware of anything I did to resolve the issue.

I was going to keep going till the start of next week then close the ticket if no more hassle.

I guess the ticket can be closed – and if it happens again I can reopen it and send a log

Thanks

David

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to install one of the older versions of DW by chance?

From the CC Desktop App...

1. Click the Apps tab
2. Click the small triangle next to DW's Install Icon

3. Choose Other Versions
4. Pick CC 2015

See if that one will run for you. If it does, at least you'll be able to get your work done while troubleshooting continues. CC 2015, 2017 and 2018 can all be installed on the same machines at the same time under a single subscription, so you can continue troubleshooting with Adobe on the latest, while using an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I tried installing the other versions and same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One note on installing multiple versions, well, two notes...

1. Only 1 version can run at a time. If you do get the latest up and running, you'll need to close the older version to work in the newer version and vise versa.

2. If you install a newer version than what you have currently installed, make sure to click the Advanced Options link in the installer dialogue window. That will allow you to turn off the "Remove Older Versions" checkbox so you can keep your older versions while learning if the newer version is worth your trouble (some have found it isn't).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird.

When you uninstalled, did you use the Adobe Cleaner Tool?

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Sometimes corrupt files are left behind in your user account and will affect new installations. You should be able to use it for DW alone, without having to uninstall the other programs in CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i used that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does the Event Viewer report?

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Application Error

Faulting application name: Dreamweaver.exe, version: 18.0.0.10136, time stamp: 0x59cb9662

Faulting module name: Dreamweaver.exe, version: 18.0.0.10136, time stamp: 0x59cb9662

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000f8c177

Faulting process id: 0x24a8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d3742594391f05

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2018\Dreamweaver.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2018\Dreamweaver.exe

Report Id: c3198cda-227f-4864-ae9c-69dddca2f6cb

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Windows Error Reporting

Fault bucket 120864140759, type 4

Event Name: APPCRASH

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: Dreamweaver.exe

P2: 18.0.0.10136

P3: 59cb9662

P4: Dreamweaver.exe

P5: 18.0.0.10136

P6: 59cb9662

P7: c0000005

P8: 0000000000f8c177

P9:

P10:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this is definately a problem with Dreamweaver. I have a feeling that Lalita (lnayal) will be here soon to help you

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ben for adding me to the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact issue. Tried reinstalling and cleaning. Keeps crashing. I finally got it to load but it refuses to recognize any external drives. It will only see the C drive and can't get it recognize a mapped network drive to the server location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have all the latest Windows 10 updates?

Did you install DW on your primary hard drive -- same as Windows?

Did you try right-click, run as Admin?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, latest windows updates

on primary hd and have tried run as admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Windows Event Viewer and look for the faulting module that causes DW to crash.

6 Ways to Open Event Viewer in Windows 10

Sorry, I realize now that Ben already asked you about the Event Viewer.  My bad.

Did you try Restoring Preferences?

Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jane,

We regret the inconvenience caused due to this crash on launch.

We would need crash dump to dig into the issue. To get a crash dump, below are the steps to follow

1. Press Win+R and enter regedit and press Enter key to open Registry editor
  2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\
  3. Create a new key LocalDumps
  4. Inside LocalDumps create a new Expandable String value and name it DumpFolder and provide path of the folder on your desktop where you want the dump to created.
  5. Create a DWORD 32Bit value and name it DumpType and provide 1 as the value.
  6. Close Registry Editor

You can refer to the following MS article for more info on the same: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb787181(v=vs.85).aspx

Next time Dreamweaver crashes, it will create a crash dump in the path provided in the registry.

Once you have shared the crash dump, you can delete the DumpFolder key if required from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\ in registry.

You can share the dmp file with me at lnayalatadobedotcom

We will try our best to resolve this issue.

~Lalita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lalita,

did you ever get the dmp file that was sent?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all those of you still facing issues after restoring preferences, or doing a clean install, send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message along with the URL of this post. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit to below.

This fix has NOT worked - came in next morning opened Dreamweaver and windows crashed

Edit 2

Worked for a few days OK providing I opened Dreamweaver BEFORE all other Apps/Programs - but todya - that did not work.

reverting to text editor to work again - nightmare ++

------------------------------------------------------------------

Have had a similar problem - Windows 10 crashing on opening Dreamweaver

(all apps up to date and current)

Only way out was a reset/reboot PC...

For information I have resolved it

• Removed Dreamweaver using Creative Cloud  (kept preferences etc)
  • Restarted PC
  • Re-Installed Dreamweaver
  • Re-Started PC again (just to be sure)
  • Opened Dreamweaver successfully

I hope that is it sorted now.

If you have a similar problem good luck in getting it sorted - this cost me a lot of time trying to diagnose and resolve until I did what I guess I should have done at the start...

Regards

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As requested above could you please share the crash logs with us to look into the issue.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I opened the ticket, having had several weeks of regular hassle, it has not gone wrong so I have no crash therefore no logs to send.

A good thing yes, but I am still wondering what might have been wrong. I am not aware of anything I did to resolve the issue.

I was going to keep going till the start of next week then close the ticket if no more hassle.

I guess the ticket can be closed – and if it happens again I can reopen it and send a log

Thanks

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good luck to you David.

I'd like to delete dreamweaver and reinstall, but when I try it tells me to close dreamweaver.

this when I can't even open the program.

a nightmare

Ralph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restart your computer.  Right-click and run DW as administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am beyond frustrated. Experiencing the same problem and it doesn't matter what I do to try and rectify the situation:

Windows 7 Home (legit, all up to date)

Tried Dreamweaver 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 etc...

Tried uninstalling, restarting computer, using the clean up tool, etc. NOTHING WORKS. Fresh installs still launch, then crash. Tried running as administrator, and all it did was take longer to launch and crash.

I need this app to work! I am paying for it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without much to go on, I'm guessing it's caused by a missing or corrupted DLL file.  Please open your Windows Event Viewer to see which faulting module is causing DW to crash. 

Lavasoft & Bins utility are 2 known culprits effecting Photoshop, Dreamweaver, After Effects and other Adobe software.  See link below for details on how to fix it.

Photoshop crashes with Lavasoft Chrome extension or Bins utility installed

If neither Lavasoft or Bins are present on your system, please post back with more details from your crash logs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what Lavasoft or Bins are, so presumably I don't have either. (I'm the only user of this system, use Photoshop every day without issue).

Event viewer log for Dreamweaver:

Faulting application name: Dreamweaver.exe, version: 18.2.0.10165, time stamp: 0x5afef9a8

Faulting module name: imshelper.dll, version: 1.0.0.12, time stamp: 0x5b10054d

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000000b32f

Faulting process id: 0x38b8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d42f49edeaba74

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2018\Dreamweaver.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\LCC\x64\imshelper.dll

Report Id: 58c47a24-9b3d-11e8-a739-9e56eaae419c

So, looks like imshelper.dll is the culprit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines