• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving in Photoshop, on a second monitor

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disclosure ~ this question may become long, but I want to make sure I explain everything, in hopes to get the best solution ~ Thank you in advance!!

I just upgraded my system.  I have a MacBook Pro for all my day to day and a Dell as my second monitor for editing.  I can open anything on both screens, but the brains are coming from the MacBook. I have calibrated both screens and will do again once I get my issue resolved.

I can open Adobe Bridge as per usual and open images into Photoshop on my laptop, edit as I usually would and save a psd and jpeg file no problem!  Everything looks crisp and clean, just as I want it to.  I can also drag Bridge and Photoshop onto my second monitor and everything still looks the same.  Here is where I am baffled...

When I take the exact same file(s) and do nothing more to it but save it in the same file, while the programs are on my second monitor, they save softer and somewhat blurry.  This happens with both the psd and jpeg files.  They stay soft and blurry when I move the programs back to my laptop.  I have to re-save in Photoshop on my laptop to have the image go back to the crisp, clear image I want.

I am hoping I am over thinking this and it is something easy I have over looked.  I hope the fix is out there!
Thank you so much for your help
Krystal

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

It sounds like OpenGL redraw is hanging. It's suspended while dragging, but should normally kick in as you cross the mid-line and drop the file (not before).

OpenGL should smooth out jagged lines and edges, but some people think it's a bit much, probably a matter of taste.

In any case, viewed at 100% there should be no difference. This maps one image pixel to exactly one screen pixel, and is the only really accurate view. You should always view at 100% for critical purposes.

So it's not the file, j

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like OpenGL redraw is hanging. It's suspended while dragging, but should normally kick in as you cross the mid-line and drop the file (not before).

OpenGL should smooth out jagged lines and edges, but some people think it's a bit much, probably a matter of taste.

In any case, viewed at 100% there should be no difference. This maps one image pixel to exactly one screen pixel, and is the only really accurate view. You should always view at 100% for critical purposes.

So it's not the file, just how it's drawn on-screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response!!

Is there any way to fix this?  All of the files that have been saved on the laptop screen, when dragged over to the monitor are still nice and crisp when viewing in Bridge.  Any files saved on the monitor are soft in Bridge.  It is very unsettling to see and it makes me think there is something wrong with the files.  Please tell me there is a way for me to lessen the smoothed lines on the monitor ~ it is going to make me sick to my stomach!! 
It makes me feel I am giving blurry images to my clients.  I view things in Bridge and if they are going to be this soft I will never thing my images are ok to give to clients!!

Also, any images saved in Photoshop, on the monitor stay soft when transferred bridge is transferred back to the laptop.  I have to reserve on the laptop to have them look crisp again.

I am sorry to be saying the same thing over and over!!  I am just not ok with the way it is and hope there is a way to lessen the look (as you described) because I will never be able to say "that is just the way it is ~ the pictures will be fine"!

Thanks!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

krystala53720243  wrote

hope there is a way to lessen the look

There is, as I said: view at 100%. Did you try that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but I am looking for away to eliminate it looking soft/blurry all together, without having to check each individual image in bridge. I do not have the time to check each individual image in bridge at 100% to make sure it saved correctly.  I am not sure anyone would.  Everything looks fine in photoshop...it is the images in bridge after being saved look this way.  Bridge is my main place I check things out, cull etc.  If things look blurry there then I am not going to feel safe sending to clients.

Anything I have saved in photoshop and looked at in bridge (on the laptop) looks good.  I then drag it over to the monitor and they still look good.  If the issue is OpenGL, then why is it not doing it to the other images already saved on the laptop? They are all being dragged to the monitor as well.
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, so it's only Bridge that's blurry - not Photoshop? I misunderstood.

In that case it's probably the preview cache. You're not really seeing the image itself, you're seeing a jpeg preview that Bridge builds and stores separately from the file.

Try to right-click and "purge cache". If that works, you can go into Bridge Preferences and purge the entire cache. It will get rebuilt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey ~ yeah I am thinking it is more to do with bridge.  I tried to "purge cache" and it made no difference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines