• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embed phpbb forum on webpage made in Muse?

Enthusiast ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I embed a phpbb forum on a webpage made in Muse?

When I say 'embed' I mean I would like to somehow put it in an isolated frame, so its design wouldn't interfere with the rest of the page (and vice versa)...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

In Muse, you can only use third-party commenting services. If you need your own simple and independent comments, you should use CMS, but not Muse. For example Joomla+JComment component

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing you can do it -  embed it via iframe. But I do not recommend it. It does not like Google and users will be very uncomfortable using such a forum. Thus, the best answer to your question is - no, it is not possible to make.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Pavel!

Do you know if it's possible to integrate other kinds of multi-thread discussions on a Muse site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally you would do it the other way around - insert the static code in your PHP templates. Other than that you might want to look into third-party services like Disqus and their widgets and embed code.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Mylenium - yes, modifying the PHP templates would probably be the best solution, but I'm afraid that's above my pay grade.

Regarding something like Disqus:

When I realized that the phpbb-idea wouldn't work for me, I actually started another thread about a more simple comment section instead. Here's my question:

Is there a way to add a simple comment section to a Muse site - preferably with a reply/voting function?

I don't wish to censor users too much - but all commercial comment widgets I've seen have quite specific limits for free speech.

So I would prefer some kind of simple code I could just paste somewhere - or perhaps an open-source widget - so that I alone am in charge of comment-moderation, as opposed to depend on a commercial widget-manufacturer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Muse, you can only use third-party commenting services. If you need your own simple and independent comments, you should use CMS, but not Muse. For example Joomla+JComment component

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines