Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Optimize to file size in save for web and devices

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I save multiples files everyday to use on the website, i would like to save it in specified size like 45kb, 75kb, 100kb etc.. using save for web and devices helps me alot. But is there any way to get it automated? any leads would be highly appreciated.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A script can look at the save file size if not within the size required it can change the image quality and save over that file till it is what you want.  IMO file size is only important for slow Internet connections these days.  With good Internet connections and high resolution displays you want high quality images on the web. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but i would like to have my output on the specified size. which can help me alot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, something like what you are saying. The output should be saved in a specific size already mentioned in the script

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search this forum.  I believe scripts to do that have been poster here.  You would just need to change the file sizes that are coded in them.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, i have searched but couldn't find any

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there - both links offered here - in addition to many on this topic seem to be broken. Any guidance? Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much and sorry for causing trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines