• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reconnecting entire hard drive

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I have a big catalog I've been using for several years. Then in July I decided such big catalogs were a bad idea and started a new one. Today, I tried to open the older one, and see a bunch of ? marks on the folders telling me the files are not connected. The drive is online as shown in the folder. i know how to individually  navigate to find files, but what do I do in this case when the entire drive is not being found by LR? I'm in LR Classic CC version 7.0.1. I also tried same thing in LR classic CC 2015 version on my mac.

Thanks for any help.

I'm using a mac Pro 2013.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

This is from Adobe's site:

What does it mean when a question mark shows up on one of my folders?

The drive that contains the folder is not connected, the folder is not where Lightroom Classic expects it to be, or the folder name has been changed outside of Lightroom Classic.

In the Folders panel in the Library module, Right-click (Windows) or Control+click (macOS) the folder and choose Find Missing Folder.

Here is an in-depth instruction:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

M

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is from Adobe's site:

What does it mean when a question mark shows up on one of my folders?

The drive that contains the folder is not connected, the folder is not where Lightroom Classic expects it to be, or the folder name has been changed outside of Lightroom Classic.

In the Folders panel in the Library module, Right-click (Windows) or Control+click (macOS) the folder and choose Find Missing Folder.

Here is an in-depth instruction:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

Monty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I was able to do that but I have a ton of folders so it's taking a while. I just don't understand why it happened  -m maybe the update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us a screenshot and we might be able to figure out what happened. Most frequently on a Mac it's due to a change of drive name or capitalization in the drive name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 3.59.08 PM.png​

Promise Pegasus is the drive. When I hit "show in finder" in LR, The one I tried to open (from backup) shows that it is in a folder, not the actual drive, and the one that I started connecting files (when nothing else was working) to pops in in the native drive. You can see the two folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines