• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Seeing warning triangles in the layers palette beside text layers when opening PS7 files in CS2, and getting popup notices.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some old projects I created in PS7 many years ago, and whenever I open them in CS2, I see a warning triangle beside each text entry in the layers palette, and when I either double click the triangle or click the cursor on a layer of text in the layout, I get a popup saying "Editing or rendering the text layer "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" will cause its layout to change. Continue?", even though the same exact fonts are still on my system. I can't find a way to do an all-inclusive "OK" in CS2 to remove the popup for all text layers collectively, so each one must be done individually. And, when there are many text layers in a large project, it's extremely annoying and time consuming to be clicking "OK" on each popup for each text layer. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

It's differences in the text engines between ps 7 vs cs2 that a lot of times causes the text to render slightly different, so cs2 needs to update the text layers.

Sometimes it's just a matter of adjusting the Anti-Alias to get the text to match, but one still has to let cs2 update the text layers.

Anyway, you can skip updating the text layers when opening an document and then go to Layer>Type>Update All Text Layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's differences in the text engines between ps 7 vs cs2 that a lot of times causes the text to render slightly different, so cs2 needs to update the text layers.

Sometimes it's just a matter of adjusting the Anti-Alias to get the text to match, but one still has to let cs2 update the text layers.

Anyway, you can skip updating the text layers when opening an document and then go to Layer>Type>Update All Text Layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jeff! Good solution, and using the Update All Text Layers has little-to-no effect on existing text appearance. This will save a lot of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines