• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC: 7 days trial instead of the promised 3 months trial

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got invited by Adobe to test CC for 3 months because I purchased a Microsoft Surface device. I thought that would be a good idea - but the reality looks different: After I installed the CC version and then logged in again next day, I've got the message, that I have only a 7 days trial - instead of 3 months. Is Adobe kidding me? Is that the new way to trap customers for CC? In my case Adobe accelerates the opposite. Such a behaviour makes me really mad! Is here someone from Adobe who can help me in my special case??? Where have my 3-month-trial gone?

Regards

Beate

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beate I am sorry you Creative Cloud software is opening in trial mode.  Please see Stop Adobe Creative Cloud from opening in trial mode after purchase​ which discusses steps you can take to verify your membership is active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link. But that didn't help. In my account there is no hint about the 3 month trial. That is really annoying me. I wish I could phone with someone from Adobe to clear why I got an offer for a 3 month trial on my new Microsoft Surface device and then this seems to be only a joke?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Creative Cloud forum.

Beate, if you have any questions regarding your Creative Cloud membership then please contact our support team directly at Contact Customer Care .  They can assist you with any difficulties you are facing redeeming the promotional offer.

If you have not already done so please make sure you have completed the instructions to redeem the offer.  They should have been included in the e-mail you received from Microsoft after registering your device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea. In the email it's clear that the trial version is valid until February 26th 2018. I translate the text that you can see on my attached screenshot framed in red: "Your coupon code has been accepted and the service will continue until 26-February-2018 (PT)."
But: The Contact Customer Care offers only the Communiy Forums - no other possibility at the moment. Isn't it possible to phone with someone so that I don't have to search and search and search ... and still can't find a solution for my problem?!

Screenshot_AdobeCCTrial-Mail.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beate if you are not being given the option to chat with a member of our support team then please see Resolve connection errors with Adobe Creative Cloud and Creative Suite applications for details on how to resolve any connection errors that may be preventing the computer from seeing an active membership or chat with a member of our support team.

Alternately please use a different computer, smartphone, or tablet to contact our support team at Contact Customer Care .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff: Thank you for your try to help me. I checked your link - and yes, I'm connected with Adobe. That's not the problem.
And when I try to get a direct contact to the Contact Customer Care by using another device (my iPad), I still get only the information that I have the possibility to go in the Community-Forum - no other way seems to be possible at the moment.
That's really really frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry Beata I do not know why both your iPad and computer are unable to contact our support team at Contact Customer Care .  Maybe try a different computer on a different Internet connection? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff: Thanks! But after following AK_4423's hint, I can't open PhotoshopCC anymore. I could hang myself ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beate my assumption is that you inadvertently set the file permissions to the SLStore and Adobe PCD to a state that they can no longer be updated.  You can find information on how to correct the error at Configuration error in Adobe Creative Cloud .

You mentioned you got a Microsoft Surface device in the first post.  Is the Surface you purchased portable?  If so then please try contacting our support team at Contact Customer Care on an alternate Internet connection.  Perhaps go to a coffee shop or library which offers w-fi?  If you are still unable to contact our support team then please review any installed software that might be affecting your web browsing experience Beate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah now, I see that you answered at the same time when I was just posting => Yes, I purchased my Surface device.
Unfortunately I don't know what you mean with "please review any installed software that might be affecting your web browsing experience ...". Could you explain what you try to tell me with this hint?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beate it means any software installed that may affect your experience with the Internet.  This includes but is not limited to software firewalls, pop-up blockers, and anti-virus software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff: Thanks a lot! I'm checking if there is something that influence my browser experience.
I have one idea left: When I, for example on my ipad, open the adobe.com website I get asked if I am in USA or in another country (in my case Germany). I always choose Germany - but there is always the notice that the support is very busy and therefore there is only the Community Forum left for questions. So would it be better to pretend that I am accessing the website from USA? Maybe there are more support assistens I can directly contact?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Beate if you are located in Germany then that would be the correct country to select.  The fact you not seeing an option to chat with a member of our support team is likely due to it being blocked.  Try your iPad on a different Internet connection to see if you face the same experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff: I have good news. Finally I was able to set up a chat contact with the customer service. Obviously, I am dealing with a more complex problem. The Customer told me that especially in connection with my Surface device there are also problems with other users regarding CC test versions. The customer service is now checking my case. Hopefully this check is done in a couple of days and finally brings the happy end  ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks for the update Beate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! It's me again,

My problem was finally solved today by a very nice technician via telephone support. And you don't want to believe what it was all about:

But let's get back to the beginning of my suffering - because it all started with a message from Windows 10 on my new MS Surface device. This message included that I can test a Adobe CC subscription for 3 months free of charge. No sooner said than done! I signed up and the only thing that seemed strange to me was that right at the beginning of the registration window only a 7 days of trial period was mentioned. I thought, paah, it's just a standard phrase. I have a confirmation email saying that I have a trial version until February 26th. But unfortunately the test version was finished after 7 days. Various tests, log file creations, deleting of Adobe service folders, etc. have brought ... NOTHING.

And then the technician with whom I called today got one last tip from his colleague: Since I received the offer to test Adobe CC for 3 months via Windows 10, I would have to make sure to install the CC software in ENGLISH. Unfortunately, however, CC has installed the German version "automatically" - and that was probably the beginning of the problems. So - schwups - uninstalling of the German version, changing the language from German to English in the CC window under Preferences, reinstalling the program and ... everything's all ok now!

I hope my description of the solution can help someone in other non-English-speaking countries in the future!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the update Beate!  Happy to hear that able to utilize the Adobe CC apps now on your Microsoft Surface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff: I decided to deinstall PhotoshopCC and install it again. Now, "Error 16" seems to be disappeared. But CC is still thinking that my trial period has expired
Additionally I try to find another direct way to commuicate with someone of the Customer Support with the help of an elder Tablet. But again: I get only the possibility to communicate in the Community Forum - no other choice available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the following URL to get help for fixing your Trial Error.

Validating Software License Loop

Regards,

Anil.K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AK_4423: I followed the URL + I have followed the instructions => NOW I can't open PhotoshopCC anymore(!) See my screenshot: Screenshot_AdobeCCTrial-Error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AK_4423: Meanwhile I decided to deinstall PhotoshopCC and install it again. The "Error 16" seems to be disappeared but CC is still thinking that my trial period has expired

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good that error 16 is fixed after reinstallation.May i know if other apps say the same as Trial?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AK_4423: Thanks for asking. If other apps say the same as trail - I don't know. At the moment the CC is the only software I have as a trial version on my new Surface device.
Meanwhile I reached someone from the customer support via chat and especially in connection with my Surface device there are also problems with other users regarding CC test versions. The customer service is now checking my case. Hopefully this check is done in a couple of days and finally brings the happy end  ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines