• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.MTS video file won’t import - LR Classic and CC

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cant import .mts video files into LR classic and cc. This works fine before the update.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. I have a MacBook Pro Retina (late 2013) and since the update I've not been able to import certain .MTS files. I shoot with several different cameras and have always enjoyed being able to import both photos and videos through Lightroom. I'm having issues with videos from a Panasonic AG-AC90, however .MTS files from my Canon Vixia HF R70 & R800 import without issue, so I think the issue is more specific to the way a video is filed, not so much the file type. The only way I can copy these files form my card to the computer is through Prelude, which is, in my opinion, not as simple to use as the Lightroom import.

Also to add detail, once the file is imported through Prelude, I can go back to Lightroom and synchronize the folder I imported to and the video shows up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the exact files were working before Classic and CC. I actually tried it again on my computer that has pre-Classic version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and found this:

Solving Lightroom’s “There is a problem with the video file” Error | Lightroom Fanatic

basically purged my video cache via preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately purging the video cache didn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue too. Everything worked fine before the update, now I can't import MTS files from one of my Canon video cameras. It shows that the files exist, but it won't load previews or actually import them (just sits there if I try). It does work with MP4 files from the camera just fine though.

I'm using a 2017 Macbook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to add that purging the cache didn't work for me (which is now located under Performance, not File Handling).

However, even though Lightroom Classic wont import (or load previews) for the MTS video files I'm trying to transfer, it will let me right click and do "Show in Finder." My camera/the SD card hides my files from easy access, but doing that in LR took me right to them to attempt to manually copy them over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem only since updating to Lightroom Classic. Immediately before the update (literally minutes before) I could import videos from my card reader. However if I directly copy the videos to the folder where I want them imported and then import to My Catalog, the videos import. Adobe seem to want to blame everyone else but this proves to me that this is a bug introduced in the update (along with others such as new problems with use of GPU processor).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here.On Windows 10, Lightroom CC Classic

Could not import Sony .MTS files correctly: the files were copied to a new folder and renamed according to my renaming template, but they did not become visible in LR itself.

When I tried to sync the parent folder, it indeed detected the new MTS files but again did not import them into LR.

Fix:

-  Create a new folder, add an image file to it (a raw file in my case) using file explorer, sync the parent folder. The new folder and the image file both show up in LR, as you would expect.

- Using File Explorer, move the MTS files to the new folder.

- Sync the new folder

- Et voila, the MTS files are imported and become visible in LR

It looks like LR cannot import the MTS files form a folder it does not yet know.  ???

Hope this helps..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me, I actually was importing a folder mixed with image files (NEF, ARW, JPG from Nikon and Sony) and MTS video from my Sony. The image files all imported, but not the video. I deleted the video from the hard drive and tried to import from the camera card into the hard drive, no luck. I deleted those dynamic manager folders, no help. I copied the video files back to that folder with the image files and tried to synchronize the folder, it detected the files but couldn't preview and couldn't import. (unknown error) The video files play fine in Windows Media Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on Windows 7 video files that contain Dolby encoded audio cannot be imported into LR Classic:

Changes to Dolby Decoding and Encoding Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Only wanted to note, I had the same problem with some MTS files, and after correcting the FileCreated and DataEncoded time/dates with the tool BulkFileChanger Lightroom hadn't got any more problems with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines