• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scratch Disk full - wont let me change setttings

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My scratch disk is full. ive attempted to follow the instructions i have found however im not given the option to unselect the current drive!

ANy suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two questions.... how old is your computer?  And how full is it or how much memory do you have left?

If the computer is older then you may run into problems.  Or if you constantly save to your device without backing things up and without erasing things that could also be an issue.  It is very easy to fill up a hard drive.

I would backup older files to a external had drive.  Then erase them from the computer.  This will begin to clean things up.  Also look in your download folder and erase old things there.  There are several ways to clean up a computer and erase things that you no longer need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In fact most of the junk tends to accumulate in your user folder Users > Your name > Appdata. Applications store most of their working data here - and it never gets emptied out again, presumably on the premise that "you may need it again". But if you do, it gets rebuilt.

For instance, I was very surprised to find complete Bridge preview caches for every previous Bridge version ever installed on the machine, even if the application itself had been removed. It totaled 60 GB alone! That's useless junk just sitting there, taking up valuable space.

There's a brilliant little utility called WinDirStat that will generate a proportionally correct visual map of your drive, color coded to file types and extensions. It shows you at a glance where to start cleaning up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines