• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I've tried everything to have the brush circle cursor...

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Any of the brush tools shows just a cross, not the circle with the selected size. I can see the circle just when I turn on/off the caps-lock but when I move the mouse, the circle becomes the bloody cross again.

• It was just after the update to the latest version ( I updated all the adobe suite yesterday).
  • No plugins
  • Extension Adobe color themes
  • I have remove and reset the preferences twice
  • The cursor preferences are as I want
  • On illustrator I can see the circle cursor (eg. the eraser)
  • I'm on macbook pro osx 10.13.1

I really need the circle for my job, so I really appreciate your solutions.

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

It's fixed!

I uninstalled and reinstalled the whole suite and now it works! I guess it was a bug during the process, I updated all at the same time and my computer went to sleep in the middle of the process twice. Now I installed one by one and it works. Happy to see agan the marvellous circle for my brushes 🙂

Many thanks for your help,

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure Caps lock on your keyboard is not on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As I said at the beginning, I use the caps lock now to at least have an idea of the size, because when I move the mouse the circle disappears and the cross comes. But when turning on/off the caps lock, the circle appears if I don't move the mouse.

Any other ideas, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off GPU acceleration. Preferences>performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What I want to suggest is that you uninstall Photoshop and reinstall it again. And when you uninstall it, activate the option remove preferences.

Normally it will be solved.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What cursor preferences have you set? I appreciate they are as you want, but it would be helpful to know what they are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks fro your replies,

I uninstalled and reinstalled PS deleting preferences but nothing changes.... Cursor settings are on Normal Brush tip but I tried all combinations....

This is getting weird because I also reinstalled the old version that I was using and I get the same problem! kind of desperated...

Thanks again for your help trying to solve this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you recently updated your video drivers. Sometimes they throw in shortcuts to get to settings and such. I had a problem with Nvidia drivers doing that and had to remove a file to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated the OSx to 10.13.1 but that was before the Adobe update and the cursor worked fine until that.

For the cursor preferences, believe me, I tried all options an combinations... i'm now uninstalling all the suite and reinstall.

Any other ideas, more than welcome!

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you definitely don't have this option checked?

Incidentally, screen shots are a wonderful way to illustrate your point, and very easy to use.  Just copy to clipboard, and paste directly into the thread with Cmd v

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This potential solution will not be easy, but it is proven that is working.

Due to the age of your computer. It seems to be that he not supporting the brand new OS.

Potential solution: Go back to a working OSx.

Yes, I know, it's terrible.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thepatje  wrote

Hi,

This potential solution will not be easy, but it is proven that is working.

Due to the age of your computer. It seems to be that he not supporting the brand new OS.

Potential solution: Go back to a working OSx.

Yes, I know, it's terrible.

Good luck

That's a very valid point, and reading through the thread again, it does appear that the issue started with the update to CC2018.  If that's the case, then it would be worth raising it on the Feedback site so Jeff Tranberry could get eyes on.  I think it is Jeff that has put up Photoshop / OSX compatibility information previously.

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Miguela could prove it one way or another by installing a Previous version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's fixed!

I uninstalled and reinstalled the whole suite and now it works! I guess it was a bug during the process, I updated all at the same time and my computer went to sleep in the middle of the process twice. Now I installed one by one and it works. Happy to see agan the marvellous circle for my brushes 🙂

Many thanks for your help,

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suggest in the future that you disable auto sleep. I just use a keyboard command to put mine to sleep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines