• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Low quality of my drawing help?

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I downloaded photoshop yesterday so I am a total newbie. So wanted to use photoshop basically only for drawing. My problem is that when I draw a line is in 'low quality' and by low quality I mean it's really pixelated when I zoom in (only a little). When I watch all of the tutorials on yt for how to draw on photoshop there is no such problem.

idk what to do pls help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Hi,

It sounds like you are working on a Low resolution 72 Pixels/Inch file, so when you zoom in even once the images become pixelated.

Try the following

Create a New File: File> New

Set the Document type to Art and Illustration and then this will by default set the resolution to 300ppi.

New Doc re Resolution.png

Now once you begin drawing the quality will be much sharper.

Here is a link to help you understand pixel resolution:Photoshop image size and resolution

I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of comments:

If you zoom in more than 100% you will always see pixels. That is how Photoshop works at 200% for example, it uses 2x2 = 4 screen pixels for every image pixel. So if you need a larger image, rather than zooming above 100%, start with a larger image (in pixel dimensions)

Although you are drawing - use one of the brushes , rather than the pencil tool. These have a softer edge and simulate a real pencil much better than the very hard pixels of the pencil tool.

I hope that helps you.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep.  Sounds like you are using the Pencil, and not the Brush tool.  I almost _never_ use the pencil.  A fully hard brush makes a much nicer stroke.

Black is brush, red is pencil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It sounds like you are working on a Low resolution 72 Pixels/Inch file, so when you zoom in even once the images become pixelated.

Try the following

Create a New File: File> New

Set the Document type to Art and Illustration and then this will by default set the resolution to 300ppi.

New Doc re Resolution.png

Now once you begin drawing the quality will be much sharper.

Here is a link to help you understand pixel resolution:Photoshop image size and resolution

I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simmer1  wrote

It sounds like you are working on a Low resolution 72 Pixels/Inch file

In Photoshop, the ppi setting is irrelevant to the file. It's not a file property, only metadata to set a print size.

You just need to make sure you have enough pixels for a decently resolved file. It can be 1 ppi for all Photoshop cares, it can still be a high resolution file. But if it's going to print, you use the ppi equation to decide how many pixels you need. Pixels per inch of print!

But again, to Photoshop it's all just pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi D Fosse,

I was referring to the resolution and the fact that macmacierz said when they zoomed into the brush it became pixelated.

This is why I made the suggestion of using a high resolution file.

I am very aware that Photoshop is a pixel based program, as I am equally aware that Illustrator is a vector based program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines