• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone Stamp Tool Brush Options

Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous versions of Photoshop I have been able to use any brush type with the Clone Stamp Tool.

In Photoshop CC 2018 the only brush option seems to be a round brush with variables of size and softness.  When I try and select another brush it takes me to another tool (eg the standard brush tool for painting)

Is there a way to use any brush type with the Clone Stamp Tool?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Hi

Yes you can. However some brushes are saved with an associated tool settings so when selected they switch to that tool. You can see which ones by turning on "Show Additional Preset Info" in the brushes panel. The tool is then shown at the top right of the brush.

To save a copy of a brush without the tool preset then with the brush selected, choose New Brush Preset, from the menu above, and in the dialogue uncheck "Include Tool Settings"

You will now have the same brush available to use with any

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Yes you can. However some brushes are saved with an associated tool settings so when selected they switch to that tool. You can see which ones by turning on "Show Additional Preset Info" in the brushes panel. The tool is then shown at the top right of the brush.

To save a copy of a brush without the tool preset then with the brush selected, choose New Brush Preset, from the menu above, and in the dialogue uncheck "Include Tool Settings"

You will now have the same brush available to use with any tool

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is too much work. I did learn from Dave about the tool preset, but the fastest work around is simply to go further down the list into the Legacy brushes, which don't appear to have associated presets.

This is another small example of Adobe fixing something that was not broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines