• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old Kyle brushes in new PS CC

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, hopefully this is an easy answer. I updated my brushes on my PS CC account, to bring in the Kyle brushes. I have been using them before but thought I would try the update incase they worked better etc... but now it seems like there are some brushes missing from the old set. Is that right? Or are they there but hidden in different sets?
Also, I am using BrushBox, and when I try to load in the old brushes (I bought them ages ago) to check, it doesn't want to load them. It just holds on the loading circle for ages. Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kyle has joined Adobe: https://www.kylebrush.com/faq/

His brushes should be available through creative cloud. In the PS brush panel, top right corner drop down menu "Get More Brushes"

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that isn't what I mean. I should clarify. Yes, I have downloaded the brushes through creative cloud. The problem is, it looks like the CC Kyle brushes are missing some from the original Kyle set. Is this right? Also, after loading in the CC Kyle brushes, I find I can no longer load the original set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found this hints on the originial FAQ:

Your Photoshop preferences are causing trouble here- you can easily reset them by following these instructions.

Help! I can’t see all of the brushes in my list, such as the Oil brushes, Oil Pastels, Blenders or Tilterrific pencils!

Be sure that the ‘Show All Tool Presets’ option has a check next to it. You will find this option in your Tools menu (the same little gear icon you used to access the ‘Load Tool Presets’ option when you first loaded the brushes).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know he has that shiny head thing going on, and that hint of Dracula incisors, but I don't think Kyle is _that_ old.

I have seen another thread asking about this, and one of the Adobe staff members said that they hoped to get something sorted out soon.  So if this was the same thing, keep your fingers crossed   As for BrushBox, if you find Derrick Barth's profile page and paste the link in this thread, he will get a notification, and hopefully respond here on the forum.  This is preferable to you asking Derrick by email, as other people will be able to see the answer.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for being the only one to actually read my question! Here's hoping Adobe are adding the rest of the brushes. I'll try to track down that thread of yours. Thanks for the tip!
As for the other question - I'm not sure how to link to Derricks profile. (great picture by the way:)

Does this work? - https://forums.adobe.com/people/Derrick%20Barth

So, to clarify again, my two questions are :

1. Is the CC version of Kyle's Brushes missing any brushes from the original purchase sets? If so, will they be adding them or are they not supported anymore?

2. When using (the awesome) BrushBox, is there any reason why it won't load those earlier versions of the brushes when I have the new CC brushes loaded? (I wanted to load both and check if there are duplicates etc... but it hangs on loading for the older brushes)

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course! Thank you very much for the fast reply Derrick, I will transfer to the support email. Cheers.

Hopefully someone else can cover the first question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alex - was this ever sorted out by Adobe support? If not, please email me directly at kyle (at) kyleTwebster (dot) com and let me know which brushes you are unable to find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kyle, I too have the same trouble. My favorite was Ultimate Brush Big Charcoal Soft and Oil Pastel, but I couldn't find it in the CC, so then I have to load the brush I bought from you to the preset tools. So is it hidden or what? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a similar question. I previously bought Kyle Brush kits before he merged with Adobe. Now it seems I am unable to use the tilterrific pencils. When I select them, they don't make any marks. I used the brush primarily for my renderings and without it I cannot finish my work. I pay for Adobe products including Photoshop and I have previously paid for Kyle brushes. A little support Adobe? Or do you want me to find my way to someone at HQ on the phone? It's not great having tools taken away from you the more you spend. latecapitalism corporateneglegence adobe kylebrushes AdobephotoshopCSAdobe Japan Support  creativeCloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines