• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open anything using Camera Raw - Help!

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating everything with the latest updates (both Photoshop CC and Camera Raw), I cannot open ANY files using the Camera Raw filter. Before the updates I was able to open .jpg, .tif and raw files with no problem to make adjustments. Used it most every day! Now when the Camera Raw dialog window comes up, the entire program just locks up and I have to restart my computer to exit. Advice please...?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Edit your camer RAW preferences If use graphic processor is checked try unchecking it.

Capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does menu Help>About Plui-ins>Canera RAW show is installed?Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look lke you hace a newer version than I do. I'll see if I can update camers raw and test.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Bridge, can you open a folder of images, right click on one and choose "Open in Camera Raw"? That should work on raw, jpg, tiff, etc.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Bridge, all files seem to open normally using Camera Raw...but not in Photoshop. So while that's a partial solution, it's not a whole one. Files should also open in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Camera RAW on my Windows 10 machine and had no problem opening RAW file in Photoshop through ACR 10.1

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly how were you opening files in Camera Raw Filter?  As far as I can see, a file has to be open in PS in order to use the Camera Raw Filter.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

n Photoshop, I open a file in the normal way (Open). Once the image is on the main screen, I click on "Filter" - "Camera Raw". Once the dialog box opens, it freezes up. Also, the magnifier tool goes on, not the selection tool...so there is no option to select anything, or even close the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also it reads "Camera Raw - Not responding"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use menu file>Open Select the RAW file you want to open with Control key held down  click on the files.  Then click on open.  ACR UI should open up.  You can open them as Smart object layers or a normal open.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening using a .jpg or .tif, not a raw file. Then choose "Filter" - "Camera Raw". Tell me what happens or screenshot..? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I get. Nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit your camer RAW preferences If use graphic processor is checked try unchecking it.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh-haa! That was the trick, thank you so much. I've had similar issues using the liquify tool...the graphics processor seems to interfere with some of these functions. When I updated Photoshop recently, it must have turned it on when before I had it off.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack. Thank you! This has been bugging me as well. Wanted to provide some updated info for those using Photoshop CC 19.0 Release. The preferences are found in a different location. Same result though.

Screen_Shot_2017-12-29_at_10_04_41_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-12-29_at_10_05_03_AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Photoshop I was using "Open As" to open a "JPG" file as a "Camera Raw" image to go directly into the camera raw filters and do reversible edits without any destruction to the original image.

This no longer works after the last updates to Photoshop, I get this error "Could not complete your request because the file format module cannot parse the file."

I went into the menu "Edit>Preferences>Camera Raw" and clicked on the check for "Use Graphics Processor" and still get the same error.

I can open a JPG and then go to the menu "Filter>Camera Raw" and get into the filter screen that way, just wish I could use the "Open As" option to save the edits with the JPG file.

Any help?

Thanks

Edit:
In Bridge I can right click an image and open in "Camera Raw" just wish I did not have to keep going back to Bridge to get the jpg into Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be a driver problem

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines