Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accordion Widget too long

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello

I'working on a website and I encounter an issue with the accordion menu. When the menu is too long, it goes past the browser's window which is "normal" given the list length, but since the browser does not detect the menu as going past its window and does not provide a scrolling method. I tested on all 3 browsers and I do have the issue.

HOME Alain Barret

Capture+d’écran+2017-12-17+à+17.33.44.png

incomplete menu

Capture d’écran 2017-12-17 à 18.06.20.png

entire menu

strangely, it works on mobile phone.

Image-1.jpg

Do you have any idea of what I could do/parameter to get the accordion widget to allow for scrolling?

Thank-You for your time,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

On my computers/devices (iMac, iPad) the menu is scrolling without any problem.

Nevertheless: It is not a really good practice, to make a menu so longer, that it exceeds the screen height. This is not a good user experience at all.

I’d suggest to use two text columns (if you definitely want simple text links and no buttons.

(I think, you are aware of the fact, that the text is bleeding outside the grey rectangle. But this is a different issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my computers/devices (iMac, iPad) the menu is scrolling without any problem.

Nevertheless: It is not a really good practice, to make a menu so longer, that it exceeds the screen height. This is not a good user experience at all.

I’d suggest to use two text columns (if you definitely want simple text links and no buttons.

(I think, you are aware of the fact, that the text is bleeding outside the grey rectangle. But this is a different issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Günter,

thank you for your reply. Sadly, I'm at fault here. I accidentally left the old site online (based on spip). I did put the new site online so if you check again, you should be able to see the issue. Thank-you for your help.

Kind regards,

ps: I know for the bleeding, easy fix but I'd rather correct the scrolling 1st.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, I can‘t see the issue. All works, as I expect it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines