• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2018 stuck on Initializing Dial... on startup. Pen related issue?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have the wintab fix (PSUserconfig etc etc) in its settings folder, photoshop will get stuck on Initializing Dial and will not start.
If I remove it, photoshop starts up fine but wont have pen pressure.

If I allow windows ink in my tablet settings, while turning on windows ink itself, it will work with pressure sensitivity but dragging sliders will lag.

This only happened to the latest 2018, has not happened with prior versions of photoshop.

Using a Huion tablet with correct updated drivers, Q11k on one computer, and a kamvas on another.

BOTH have the same problem with JUST photoshop 2018.
Works completely fine from the get go in Clip Studio Paint, Blender, and a trial of Paintstorm Studio.

So Im gonna assume the "industry standard" has it right and its a problem on my end? So why is photoshop the only program that cant just simply work with my tablet out of the box? What am I missing? The only thing Ive ever done is the Wintab fixed, its correctly named and has the proper format.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the configuration you having a problem with.  The big difference between our configuration is  I have a Wacom Tablet and Device Driver and you have a  Huion tablet and device driver.  Can you try installing other version of your Huion device driver.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have faced with this annoying problems, here is solution:

first of all this is graphic card related issue, you may update graphic card driver or install it driver again or something else.

second, open CMD and type this:  C:\Users\asus>start photoshop.exe

this will open Photoshop with disabled graphic hardware accelerated performances and problem will be solved.

after that you can open Photoshop whiteout error and crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines