• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lighting problem

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem lighting this plant. Below is how it looks in model design mode

Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 1.50.27 PM.png

And then when I go to render preview it shows some of the leaves as black

Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 1.50.16 PM.png

Even when I rotate the light 180 degrees the black stays the same.

Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 1.48.03 PM.png

The leaves are all the same material. I put an all green decal on one leaf and it was also applied to all the other leaves. Even when I get rid of the sunlight and just use environmental light the black still shows up in the render even though I can see the green leaf texture fine in design mode. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Black objects usually mean there's a problem in the model normals or UVs.  I'd have to see the model itself to tell unfortunately.  You can use the Contact Support button on our Feedback portal to submit a 1-1 ticket with attachments.  Or you can attach here as a share d link to CC Files, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.

Adobe Dimension CC Feedback Portal for submiting private request.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Black objects usually mean there's a problem in the model normals or UVs.  I'd have to see the model itself to tell unfortunately.  You can use the Contact Support button on our Feedback portal to submit a 1-1 ticket with attachments.  Or you can attach here as a share d link to CC Files, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.

Adobe Dimension CC Feedback Portal for submiting private request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

test5.dn - Google Drive

here is the link to the file, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, sorry.  I need the .obj file you imported, not the .dn scene.  We don't have an export option in Dimension yet, so can't extract the .obj.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here you go, thanks again

1.obj - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Just checking to see if you were able to resolve the back faces rending black? I am trying to render some t-shirt models and it appears the back faces are not rendering, and I don't see an option to render back faces?

I did a test, exporting a cylinder from Maya without the end cap, and that is also not rendering back faces.

Scott

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, at this time Dimension can't render back faces, this is just a technical limitation and we'll look at fixing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines