• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D Extruding Roundness

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep having the issue of my objects looking perfectly fine and then when I go to "3D Extrusion" and pop out my design, it rounds edges and straight lines sometimes get rounded off and corners get rounded instead of being a hard edge. I'm not sure if there are settings I can change to make an EXACT extrusion of my piece rather than it auto tweaking edges and corners etc. I've went through all the settings I can imagine and about to lose hope with Photoshop 3D. PLEASE HELP!!!

In the attached picture, I show an example of what it's doing to a LOT of my items. Also you will notice that when I leave the little floating rectangle above the letter, it extrudes PERFECTLY how I want it. However I don't want the rectangle above the L so I erased it pre-extrusion and then it decides to round off the edge. Thanks for any help on this.L.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you describe exactly how you are making your shape.

To try and replicate the issue, I traced your shape with the pen tool to create a path

Then used 3D extrusion from Work Path

I don't see the issue you described :

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try this, the L shape is simply a font I downloaded and I have been using that font to make 3D printed items but sometimes when I extrude logos or random shapes, it rounds edges like above rather than just simply extruding exactly what is there. Almost like it's trying to fix itself or something.

Typically I take a logo or shape and cut out all around it or take a PNG image and just "3D Extrude" layer and it seems to be a gamble whether it will work right or if it  will round and re-shape some parts of it. I have never used the "work path" like you mentioned above so maybe that is my problem. Will come back after i try it.

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Making a path often works best as you can keep the path nice and clean, which in turn leads to a clean extrusion.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines