• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open an .svg added to library from illustrator, in illustrator draw.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ~

I added an svg from my Desktop Illustrator app to my creative cloud library. I see the svg after it syncs on 2 devices via  desktop apps, Illustrator & Photoshop.

However when I try to open the .svg on the Illustrator Draw app on my Ipad, it can't see it in the library via the add Shapes menu.

On the other hand,  can open it up via an app like capture or Adobe Comp CC, but that's not what I want to do.

Why can't Draw see the svg's added to my CC library from my desktop version of Illustrator?

Thank you ~

Abbie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Hi Abbie.

I'm sorry, but it's not currently possible to import .svgs into Draw (it's why they don't even show up in your library).

The only way to bring that file in would be to place it in your Creative Cloud Files folder and bring it into an Image Layer. It could be a part of your composition, but it won't be brought in as a scalable graphic.

I hope that clears things up.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abbie.

I'm sorry, but it's not currently possible to import .svgs into Draw (it's why they don't even show up in your library).

The only way to bring that file in would be to place it in your Creative Cloud Files folder and bring it into an Image Layer. It could be a part of your composition, but it won't be brought in as a scalable graphic.

I hope that clears things up.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that explains everything. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines