Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which Effect Is This?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to create an opening logo animation. I'd like to create the effect used in this video's opening logo. The problem is - I don't know which program was used to create the effect, and which effect (or combination of effects) that is, at all.

I have limited time access to my friend's laptop with Adobe Premiere and After Effects CS6. I've gone through a bunch of AE effects and animation presets and I can't seem to find the right one. Not even something that I'd recognize as a component of the effect used in the linked video.

Can anyone more experienced with video editing recognize this effect/combination of effects/animation preset? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Mateja

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 1.10.10 PM.png

I'm assuming that you are talking about the distortion and vertical break up of the characters. One option is Card Dance. Probably a separate layer for every letter, and some distortion maps. It would take a bit of fiddling around but that's where I would start. 50% gray does not move the rows or columns so something like this would get you started. All modified properties of card dance are revealed. It will take a bit of time to wrap your head around how it works, but I think I could pretty wel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not up for replying to my own posts, but I can't think of a better way to bump this up a bit and maybe get an answer.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 1.10.10 PM.png

I'm assuming that you are talking about the distortion and vertical break up of the characters. One option is Card Dance. Probably a separate layer for every letter, and some distortion maps. It would take a bit of fiddling around but that's where I would start. 50% gray does not move the rows or columns so something like this would get you started. All modified properties of card dance are revealed. It will take a bit of time to wrap your head around how it works, but I think I could pretty well duplicate this logo transition using a separate text layer for each letter.

Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 1.24.21 PM.png

You can turn off the gradient layer and it will still work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much, Rick! I'll try it out as soon as I get to that laptop again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines