• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Monitor for photoshop around 200euros

Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm looking for a monitor for photoshop. My budget is around 200 euros. I mainly use amazon.fr, amazon.de and amazon.co.uk to shop.

What monitors would give me the best performance for the price?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

If you absolutely can't go any higher, and you need something right now, it would have to be an NEC EA series like >this< one.

But really, the monitor is the worst possible place to save money. Anywhere else is better. The monitor is the only piece of hardware you have that will directly impact the quality of your work! Everything else will do exactly the same work, only a little slower or faster. Whether you use a cheap laptop or a high-end super rig - you can't tell the difference in the final

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you absolutely can't go any higher, and you need something right now, it would have to be an NEC EA series like >this< one.

But really, the monitor is the worst possible place to save money. Anywhere else is better. The monitor is the only piece of hardware you have that will directly impact the quality of your work! Everything else will do exactly the same work, only a little slower or faster. Whether you use a cheap laptop or a high-end super rig - you can't tell the difference in the final result.

But with the monitor you can.

In this price range you're getting TN panels with viewing angles so restricted that the top of the screen is too dark, and the bottom washed out. The NEC at least has an IPS panel, which should be a minimum requirement for Photoshop.

Wait a while, save up, and triple your budget.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what monitor would you then suggest that is good but also relatively easy on the budget?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two brands that consistently keep high manufacturing standards: NEC and Eizo. You're basically safe there, and contrary to what people assume, they both have low-price entry level ranges - in addition to their top models that they are mostly known for.

Generally, you have no idea what passes for quality control in the monitor business. There are some real lemons out there. Don't believe a word of the marketing, which is mostly nonsense. With NEC or Eizo you get what you pay for, so just go as high as you're comfortable with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what about the Dell ultrasharp series. some of them are around 200 euros for me. are those "lemons"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might be able to squeeze this into my budget: NEC 60003414 60,9 cm LED-Monitor schwarz: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör . Is this a goo buy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the NEC should be fine. This is the 24 inch EA242, not sure what's up with Amazon's eight-digit model number here.

Avoid Dell.

This thread in the Color Management forum discusses high-end and expensive monitors, but there might still be some useful tips there: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2420222

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! you've been a real help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines