Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble closing a window

Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2008 Dec 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using Robohelp 6. I just copied a snippet of html from an older help file that closes the help window. I pasted it into a new help file, but it does not work. When you click the End button, it appears to just hang, doing absolutely nothing. If this html works in another help file, why won't it work in this one?

Thanks,

MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MB

Closing windows any more is problematic. We see more issues raised over in the Captivate forums than here. Perhaps the link below will help to offer insight.

Click here to read more

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have inserted this <input> tag within the required <form></form> tags, right? I only ask because you didn't include them in the Attached Code.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Rick,

Thanks for your response. I'm gathering that how a window is opened will impact how it closes. I open different topics using the Insert>Form Element>Drop-down Menu functionality within Robohelp. This contains the open clause which I'll attach...I don't understand html enough to know if this is the code that makes a difference or not.

Interestingly, there is one topic (Glossary) for which I open a NEW window. When I click the End button (using the very same html code attached earlier), the Glossary closes just fine. Does any of this shed more light on the problem?

Thanks,
MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp