• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon D5 DNG converter

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I plan to purchase a Nikon D5 and am still running Photoshop CS6 so I will need to use a DNG converter.  Which version of the DNG converter first supported the Nikon D5 and how do I download previous versions?  The version currently listed on the DNG converter website is 10.1 but my older Mac will not support this system requirement (MacOS 10.11-10.13).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  I found the download link for DNG converter 9.5 for Mac but it doesn't list the MacOS system requirement.  Does anyone know?

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 9.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only discovered the above problem after purchasing a D5. CS6 can only use Camera Raw up to version 9.1.1 and will not open newer NEF-files. My main worry is that the DNG-converter cuts the size of the original NEF-file in half (from about 42 MB to 22 MB). If you lose half the data during conversion, surely there must be a loss in image quality? (I do not have access to CC and cannot check...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The DNG converter does not reduce resolution, the sensor data are exactly the same, to the last pixel. Make sure you're not making compressed DNGs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I'll check the settings just in case. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines