• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the photo saved when I turn on Save Original Locally?

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am new to all things lightroom, but I am trying to use a combination of Lightroom Classic and Lightroom CC to consolidate, organize, and store all of my photos.

My end goal is to eventually have all my photos on my desktop computer in Lightroom Classic, and have them all stored to the cloud in Lightroom CC. Right now, however I have most of my photos in Lightroom Classic on my desktop, and then a few thousand different photos on Lightroom CC that I imported to the cloud from my laptop.

I was hoping that once I got all the photos from my laptop onto the cloud, I could then boot up Lightroom CC on my desktop computer and mark all of the photos to "Save Original Locally" and it would download all those pics from the cloud to my desktop computer. This is how I was planning on migrating them from my laptop to my desktop. However, when I check the "Save Original Locally" nothing seems to happen and I can't find a file for that picture on my computer anywhere.

So maybe that option doesn't do what I think it does? Or if it does, where can I find the local file once I save it locally from Lightroom CC?

Thanks,

Whitney

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Look for this in Lr Classic Preferences | Lightroom Sync tab

12345.JPG

At that location a "Lightroom CC Saved Photos" folder will be created.

abcdef.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look for this in Lr Classic Preferences | Lightroom Sync tab

12345.JPG

At that location a "Lightroom CC Saved Photos" folder will be created.

abcdef.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you choose Save Original Locally, they're saved in Lightroom's CC's library file (location depends on your OS)

If you want photos added to Lightroom CC on your laptop to get downloaded to your Lightroom Classic catalog, simply turn on Sync in your LR Classic catalog by clicking on the Identity Plate to show the Activity Center.

A word of warning though - using both Classic and CC together isn't an officially documented workflow, and there's a few pitfalls to be aware of, for example, keywords don't sync between the two programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines