Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 7 Skins

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2008 Oct 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings All!!

I've created a custom skin in RoboHelp 7, using images from a skin within the gallery. When I generate and view the output, in IE6, the Navigation Pane is not displayed. Any ideas on what I've done wrong & how I can fix it? Thank you, Thank you!

Patti

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 23, 2008 Dec 23, 2008
Hi Patti.

Are you referring to the two icons immediately above the TOC? These are for Browse Sequences to move forward and back through your list of defined topics. They only appear if you have a defined Browse Sequence and you have selected the "Browse Sequences" option in the second page of your SSL properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2008 Nov 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patti,
The navigation seems to stop being shown where any element of the skin is incorrect / inaccessible OR where the skin is not selected for the output pj. I would recommend that the first place to look is your single source layout dialog to see if it has been selected (this is what i missed out when I had the same pblm for about a week). About halfway down the first page in the Generate Output wizard is a "Skin" group box, if the selection in the drop-down says: "[Traditional Style - No Skin]" then you need to select your skin here and re-generate.
Hope this is it!
Chrissy T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2008 Dec 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chrissy,
Thanks for responding, but, unfortunately, selecting the 'skin' in the generate output wizard is not the problem. All of the custom images are displayed except the navigation pane; and, RH7 includes additional images in the WebHelp output files, and I have no idea where they are coming from. Nor is the navigation pane displayed when I use any of the skins included with RH7. If you have any other suggestions, ideas, etc., please send them my way. Thanks!!
Patti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patti

You say you aren't seeing the navigation pane. Are you seeing the main toolbar across the top?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

The main toolbar is visible as well as the 'Hide' image in the Nav pane. The 'Previous' and 'Next' images are missing. I'm beginning to wonder if the 'previous' and 'next navigation' is omitted, allowing the user to rely on the browser interface.

Thanks!
Patti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2008 Dec 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patti.

Are you referring to the two icons immediately above the TOC? These are for Browse Sequences to move forward and back through your list of defined topics. They only appear if you have a defined Browse Sequence and you have selected the "Browse Sequences" option in the second page of your SSL properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2008 Dec 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the problem when the help is called from the application or when it is opened standalone from the start page?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2009 Jan 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Colum,

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I have not established any topics with Browse Sequence; which is probably why the icons are not displayed. I have another problem now with this a JavaScript menu that I've added to some topics; but I will post that problem later if I can't fix it. Thanks again!

Patti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp