• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Printer Driver freezes when printing from most applications

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Acrobat Pro 8 with Windows 7 for many years without any problems, but all of a sudden, when I print to the Adobe PDF printer from most applications, the "Save PDF file As" dialog box appears and immediately freezes - nothing happens if you click the Save button or if you try to type a different filename, and the application I was in, whatever it was, also freezes, so that I have to go into Task Manager and kill the application.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the Adobe PDF printer driver - and have even  tried completely deleting the Adobe driver first, and I have tried running Repair in Acrobat, but none of these things help.

I can still print using the Adobe PDF driver from other Adobe applications (including from Acrobat itself) but not from any other application I've tried.

I can still create PDFs from any application using the Bullzip and CutePDF drivers, however.

Any ideas?

Dave

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Hi Dave,

Sorry for the delay in response.

I am not sure whether this will be a compatibility issue or other issue related printing. Adobe Acrobat 8 was never tested with Windows 7 from our end. It somehow feels like the issue might be related to Acrobat 8 activation, you may try to install Acrobat 8 from this link: Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8 and do check there should be a new serial number as well for Acrobat 8.

Let us know if that helps.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dave,

Sorry for the delay in response.

I am not sure whether this will be a compatibility issue or other issue related printing. Adobe Acrobat 8 was never tested with Windows 7 from our end. It somehow feels like the issue might be related to Acrobat 8 activation, you may try to install Acrobat 8 from this link: Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8 and do check there should be a new serial number as well for Acrobat 8.

Let us know if that helps.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines