• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Playback Control

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2008 Dec 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide any quick tips for buttons which can toggle on/off for narration in presentation. I can default with audio off and begin narration with a Success Click. Any ideas on how best to handle.

Yes, I'm new to Captivate and no programmer.
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 22, 2008 Dec 22, 2008

Duh! Gee, was that easy. Thank you. Didn't see "Skinning" in the tutorial, though I was a bit impatient reviewing it.

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, rschar

The quickest tip for turning narration off or on in a presentation would be to use a skin that has a Flash based playback control. On these, you may supply a "Mute" button. The user would click the mute button to turn the sound off and on.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, what a great group. Thanks for the quick response. I'm actually trying to build (through Edit Function) a simple learning module...not much beyond PPT (though I prefer Keynote!). Photos, copy points, narration. Wanted to export as a SWF file for web use (which I would be handled by some folks who actually know what they're doing!). Is there a place you can point me which would walk me through assigning functions to the Flash skins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

I'm thinking you may have interpreted what I said as meaning you need to resort to Flash to accomplish this. You don't. All you have to do is to click Project > Skin... and make sure there is a check mark in the "Mute" check box.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, which is always a possibility!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duh! Gee, was that easy. Thank you. Didn't see "Skinning" in the tutorial, though I was a bit impatient reviewing it.

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2008 Dec 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I add a note on the playback controls thought: If you choose the bmp playback controls, they will be placed overtop the video playback area (video viewing area). If you choose the flash playback controls, they will be outside the playback area. This may be useful information is you have playback area size limitations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2008 Dec 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi there ricblegg

I think you may be a bit misinformed. It's not the fact the control type is bitmap that makes the control overlap the play area. It's the fact Borders are enabled or disabled that governs this.

The bottom line is that even if you use Bitmap controls, as long as you are using the Borders feature they will still be outside the main part of the movie.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources