• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Move Files RH7 and VSS 6

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2008 Dec 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings all. We're currently exploring using source control for our documentation. Since we already have a Source Safe implemented, we're trying that first. I'm testing out our normal workflows using a dummy file, and most things work well. However, I can't get files to move between directories. For example, If I have File_A in Folder_1 and try to move it to Folder_2, it won't move. RoboHelp prompts me to check out the necessary files, checks them out, but will not move the files.

I've tried checking out the entire project, but from RoboHelp and in Source Safe. I've tried manual check out of the files involved. Nothing seems to work. Are there certain rights I need in SourceSafe to move files between directories like this? Does this Source Safe version just not support this action?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2008 Dec 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
We don't integrate VSS and RH in the same way you do. We checkout files from VSS, make the necessary changes in RH and then checkin in VSS. If files have been moved/deleted/renamed in RH this can be handled by the View Differences feature in VSS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp