• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to TYPE a long straight line in Photoshop? And preview changes in REAL-TIME

Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! You know how in Microsoft Word when you type a bunch of dashed lines then hit enter, the dashed lines become one straight line?

I'm trying to do that in Photoshop CC 2018 with the type tool. I want to TYPE the line within a text box, NOT draw it with the line tool. This is because I'd want the line/separator to adjust if I change any text above or below it.

And while I'm at it, I used to be able to preview any changes I make while I adjust things like line spacing, text size, etc in Photoshop CS6, but now it doesn't work in CC? For example, If I scrub along the font size, the text changes size in REAL TIME. Now I have to hit enter on the font size before the change is reflected on the text (same for line spacing, layer opacity, etc). Is there a setting for this?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Hi

Is this what you're looking to achieve. if so just use the Shift + minus key, not the minus key on the numeric pad

Untitled.jpg

Answer to your second question, this is a bug in CC2018 19.0.1

Photoshop CC 19.0.1: Text Size Scubby Slider and Up Down Arrow no longer gives live updates | Photoshop Family Customer …

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Is this what you're looking to achieve. if so just use the Shift + minus key, not the minus key on the numeric pad

Untitled.jpg

Answer to your second question, this is a bug in CC2018 19.0.1

Photoshop CC 19.0.1: Text Size Scubby Slider and Up Down Arrow no longer gives live updates | Photos...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! It worked! Though I should add (for anyone with this problem), use default fonts like Myriad Pro for this to work, otherwise you get a dashed line like what I got with the font I was working with:

Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 4.38.22 PM.png

And about the bug, any news yet on when it would come out?

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines