• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplication of titles in printed documentation

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2008 Dec 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 7. When I generate the printed documentation (doc file) the structure of my TOC is ajusted. Yet, when I have a chapter title and some text introducing the chapter, in the printed version a subtitle (with the same designation as the title) is created for that introductory text. I'd like to prevent this from happening - I don't want any subtitles with the same designation as titles - I'd like the printed version to have a title and the text (and only present a subtitle if one exists). I welcome any ideas that might help me solve this one. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2008 Dec 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Garcia,
If this is the same as I get (where I get a duplicated name because the name of the book in the TOC and the name of the first topic in that book are the same)...
I have used 2 methods of getting around this:
1. (I prefer this) I apply the "Online" conditional style to the header that is being duplicated. I then exclude the Online content from my word output, resulting in no duplication.
2. I remove all of the books from the print content. The problem with this is that you end up with a section break after each topic. ARGH!
Hope this helps,
Chrissy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Garcia,
If this is the same as I get (where I get a duplicated name because the name of the book in the TOC and the name of the first topic in that book are the same)...
I have used 2 methods of getting around this:
1. (I prefer this) I apply the "Online" conditional style to the header that is being duplicated. I then exclude the Online content from my word output, resulting in no duplication.
2. I remove all of the books from the print content. The problem with this is that you end up with a section break after each topic. ARGH!
Hope this helps,
Chrissy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Take a look at Printed Documentation and Print Issues on my site.

Don't forget that what appears in the right hand side of print layout as the TOC is not synchronised with the TOC itself, except when you first create the layout. Either you manually edit the print layout to synchronise it or you use the left arrow to clear it and the right arrow to reinsert it.

Titles and subtitles are in fact book and topic names so if they are the same, they appear to be the same thing printed twice.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp