• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New wacom driver and "Adobe" preferences

Advisor ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't yet seen this you might be interested in this extract from the release notes of the new Wacom driver (27):

wacom driver.jpg

Apologies if this is old news.  I was not aware of it.  I am interpreting "Adobe" as including Photoshop, tough this may be wrong.

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

davescm  wrote

I may be wrong but I read that as the Wacom tablet preferences, which you can set up by application in Wacom Tablet properties, may show that you have a set up for Photoshop. However if you set those up for Photoshop CC2017, then the Wacom sees CC2018 as a separate application so you will need to set them up again.

Dave

Ahhh, that makes sense.  I set the Touch Ring to toggle between Brush Size and Rotate Canvas, and it has gone back to the defaults.  I've just deleted and re-added CC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be wrong but I read that as the Wacom tablet preferences, which you can set up by application in Wacom Tablet properties, may show that you have a set up for Photoshop. However if you set those up for Photoshop CC2017, then the Wacom sees CC2018 as a separate application so you will need to set them up again.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

Dave

Ahhh, that makes sense.  I set the Touch Ring to toggle between Brush Size and Rotate Canvas, and it has gone back to the defaults.  I've just deleted and re-added CC2018, but I had to set it up again.

[EDIT]  BTW Dave, I am as bad as you.  It is 1am here, and I definitely can't afford to miss out on my beauty sleep. I only realised today, that Christmas is almost here.  I kind of knew it was happening some time in the not too distant future, but I sort of thought it was weeks and not days away.  My Chris is working, so I am throwing a shrimp on the BBQ at friends across the road, and thankfully it is not going to be _too_ hot.

I once had an issue with Lazy Nezumi on a Christmas day, and flicked Guillaume an email, and he replied right back!  I'd hoped to be playing with my new computer, but there is no sign of it yet, nor any updates about what they are waiting for.  Time to kick some butt methinks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Dave.  I'm sure you are right though Wacom need to use prepositions more carefully. They are small, but powerful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

David,

Yes - I could see folk resetting their Photoshop preferences unnecessarily after reading that one.

Trevor,

Living in the UK, I have trouble associating temperatures in the high 20s with Christmas. It just doesn't seem right...

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David, but what does it mean by :

?

I'm still using 25, and I am not sure if I want to risk updating as it seems to working OK.  One strange thing is that I noticed ​Windows Ink ​was checked, and I use WinTab ​which I copied across from the CC2017 folder. That could be losing my memory though, but I don't remember turning it on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You sound a bit like me Trevor. I use driver 6.3.17-3 which works so I don't update it

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines