• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC2018 crashes when attempting to open any JPG file

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated from CC2017 to CC2018. All programs seem to run as they should except Photoshop. It launches fine, but crashes when I try to open a JPG file. All other file formats seem to work fine, and I can create new documents as well.

I sent Adobe my crash report two days ago, but havn't had a reply from them. Can anyone help?

PS without ability to work with JPGs makes little sense... 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to reinstall the 2017 version, which worked before updating, but this is bugged now as well. I really need some assistance here. Can't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I and 3 other colleagues are also having this exact issue, PNGs are other formats fine, but importing JPG and GIF will make PS crash. Anyone has any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aaronlcs, have you found a way around this? I've send multiple crash reports to Adobe but with no reply. I'm quite desperate to sget this solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi peterj26509413,

Sadly I have not found any 'for sure' solutions, but I have gotten a tip from some friends that maybe it is because of outdated GPU driver. Try updating GPU driver, you can see your GPU status by running 'dxdiag' from Start Menu, assuming we are all on Windows OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again - I'll give this a try and keep my fingers crossed. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Great news, updating GPU driver solved the problem for me. Hope it worked for you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Aaronlcs

No such luck I'm afraid. Everything is updated but same crash Glad it worked for you though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines