• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New to LR, previously PSE 7. Help!

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't edited my images for a few years but want to get back to it so I can make some photo books. I want the basic tools, sharpening, contrast, saturation, cropping, lighting, etc & maybe some fun ones like changing a photo image to look like a painting. I downloaded the free LR and am lost. I'm talking really basic stuff! How to import, and where do they go when edited? Where should I be saving them, seems like so many choices. I previously kept my images in "my pictures", but I know there are other options. Should I try to find PSE's present version, or is there a simpler editing program? I now have Windows 10, and I just uploaded ICloud. Can you give me a basic definition of the ICloud and how to use it? I feel silly asking, but I had to start somewhere. Thanks so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had better start out with some clarification because there isn't a "free" version of Lightroom. So what version of Lightroom have you installed. And, what makes you feel that it is free?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, but that isn't a "free" version. You download the trial version, and you get to use it for free for seven days. Then it's decision time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I wasn't clear. I downloaded the trial version, so that is what I referred to as "free". I will look at the suggested Youtube overview. Thanks. Does anyone on here use PSE? Would that be a better option for a novice like me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE is more regular software available for purchase without a subscription. You can also save your work after editing and add the file to a folder. Take a look at my blog to see the newest features in the current version which is PSE 2018.

99jon tech: Photoshop Elements 2018 & Premiere Elements 2018 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The All-New Lightroom CC: An Overview - YouTube

She has many more there and other places on the subject.

While at YouTube search for Terry White and Lightroom for more good learning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to add photos from computer or mobile device:

Add and organize your photos from anywhere |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank  you to those of you who have been helpful with your links and ideas. I appreciate that you didn't feel the need to criticize my word "free" before offering your help. To the other "gentleman", it's too bad you are so unhappy that you feel the need for continued criticism.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines