• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Roto out a single frame using paint? Show background in paint tool? How to paint?

Participant ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

i have this single frame where i wanted to paint out hair using the paint tool.  Is there a way to show the background in the edit/paint mode, so i can see the hairs?  Also, how do you make it so the strokes cut out the image?  I would prefer not to comp everything, and i'd imagine there is a setting somewhere that lets me do this. 

I saw that picture mode, but it's not really that helpful, as you have to hold down on it for it to show. 

here is a video for reference:  ice video 20171101 022404 - YouTube

thanks,

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit i figured out how to make the strokes effect the alpha, just need to know if there is a shortcut to show background.  For now, i just comped the background for this frame.

edit:  i just used keylight for the whole thing, and that did the trick.  Still would like to know if there is a way to view that background.  For future reference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

christopheru18772433  wrote

Still would like to know if there is a way to view that background.  For future reference. 

Look at the clip when Keylight isn't applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The clip im painting on has no background.  As you can see in the video, it is masked and animated over footage.  I'd like to be able to see that footage as i paint.  Is there a way to view the entire comp in the left window? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ChristopherU,

Did you find out the final answer to all your questions? Can you mark Dave's answer as correct? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, he did not get back to me with my last question.  Do you guys have an answer? I would still like to know for future reference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wonder if Dave LaRonde can assist us? Dave?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines