Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong version of Lightroom?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Complex issue ...

- I have Lightroom and Photoshop CC loaded on two machines ... My desktop and my NEW laptop.

- I used to have this loaded on my desktop and my OLD laptop.

-- My OLD laptop also had licenses for a STAND ALONE COPY of CS6 and LR 5

- I REMOVED AND DEACTIVED everything to do with CC from the OLD laptop.

- I tried to update my LR 5 to LR 6 ... in a STAND ALONE version. ... Paid the extra $$.

- What keeps loading is LR CC (2015), but it will not allow me access as it is "CC" and I already have two copies of "CC" active.

- I spent over an hour with tech support on the phone and HE attempted to correct the situation ... See Case ADB-523311-C7P8 

-- The result is that he reinstalled LR CC (2015) and it STILL wants me to "sign in" to use it

-- I SHOULD NOT have to sign in for a fully-paid STAND ALONE version!

My preferred solution is to be able to actually download and install the STAND ALONE version of LR 6  (I have a properly paid for number for it!)  If this doesn't work, HOW DO I GET MY MONEY BACK?

#notterriblyhappyatthemoment - but this is fixable (I hope!)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

You have downloaded the right program, but it is being authorised by your Adobe account, which doesn't have a subscription.

To correct this you need to sign out and restart it with the registration code. See How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duh ... (Sorry!)

That's what I tried to do.  That's what the support tech said he did by remote access.  That's what the link on the Adobe page said it was (LR6).  That's what the downloaded file was listed as.

But what downloaded and actually installed was LR CC (2015).

How do I get the CORRECT version downloaded ... or failing that, get a refund?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have downloaded the right program, but it is being authorised by your Adobe account, which doesn't have a subscription.

To correct this you need to sign out and restart it with the registration code. See How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out Frickin' Standing!

This was the answer I was looking for ... Mission accomplished.  I now have a stand alone copy (updated to 6.14) on my "offline backup computer."  (And it doesn't even ask me to sign in ... Perfect!  Exactly what I needed.)

Thank you John ... I doubt I would have found this particular information without your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

800-585-0774  for a refund

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the phone number.  It turns out I don't need to ask for a refund.  John has provided me with a PERFECT answer.  (See his reply.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines