• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SWF too big???

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2008 Dec 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a heck of a time and, of course, I have a deadline...

I keep trying to put a link to a Captivate movie into my RoboHelp file and everytime I try, RoboHelp chokes and dies. Is the SWF too big? Am I doing something else wrong? Any ideas?

I am highlighting where I want the movie, right-clicking, and selecting to link to a file. I go out and choose the HTML file that Captivate generates. All goes well until I click OK to bring in the movie and then it dies.

Thanks in advance.

-Jenn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 23, 2008 Dec 23, 2008
Hello again

Okay, so if I'm understanding you correctly, you have your Captivate output files. You simply wish to link to what Captivate created from RoboHelp, right?

You might try the following approach. Add the files to Baggage. Then create the link from the topic.

Give that a go and see if it works better and doesn't make RoboHelp gag or otherwise wander off all bug eyed.

(I must be confused. (or getting senile) I was thinking it was Nikki that so kindly drove me to the airport)

Cheers....

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jenn

(Are you Jennifer Pike? Seems I had a Jennifer Pike in a class I conducted)

Is Captivate still open with the project open? I find that if that's the case, RoboHelp will gag. So try closing Captivate and see if things improve.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I am Jennifer Pike and I did take a wonderful class from you and drove you to the airport in Minneapolis) :)

Captivate is not open, so that's not the issue. I never have Captivate and RoboHelp open at the same time 'cause they're both hogs...

Any other ideas?

The files I'm using have a lot of voice on them (sadly). They're from an outside vendor. But of course they HAVE to be in help right now.

Merry Christmas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Okay, so if I'm understanding you correctly, you have your Captivate output files. You simply wish to link to what Captivate created from RoboHelp, right?

You might try the following approach. Add the files to Baggage. Then create the link from the topic.

Give that a go and see if it works better and doesn't make RoboHelp gag or otherwise wander off all bug eyed.

(I must be confused. (or getting senile) I was thinking it was Nikki that so kindly drove me to the airport)

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a Christmas miracle! Thank you!!!

-Jenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
More likely to be a bit of wizardry
Merry Christmas all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp