• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text does not appear even though its within the keyframe

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now I'm working for an audio visualizer for YouTube. From weeks to exposing myself to the software, I guess I would say I'm above a noob but not a intermediate quite yet. I have the text: " DIRTY PHONICS & SULLIVAN KING", and when I want to add the dash after king (or some would say an extra character), it doesn't show up at all. No matter how many times I change the font too, I cant add more characters within the box, nor have the knowledge to make it bigger.  

Thanks!

(Screenshot)

Capture.PNG      

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To extend the dimensions of a text box, select the text tool and then drag the bounding box handles.

if this doesn’t fix it it may be that you have a text animator applied that is hiding additional letters. To find out, select the layer and then go to Animation > Reveal Modified propertieS. Then send us a screen shot of the timeline.

it sounds like you need to learn a bit more about text layers and text animators before tackling jobs like these. It’s worth doing some training so you are comfortable with the fundamentals. Here are so,e tutorials that include lessons on text animators for you;

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/kinetic-typography-techniques-with-after-effects/3d-animation-pres...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Dragged the box handles, but the text still won't show and kept scaling the original font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever solve this XavierW? If so, let us know how you did it. If not, let us know so we can help further.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Don't Scale the font, instead, use the Character panel to adjust the font size. Even better, select the Text and then go to the wing menu of the Character panel and choose Reset. This should get it back to a more workable font size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines