• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5.1 Installation [Duplicate thread - Locked]

Participant ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble deciding on which way I should install Photoshop CS5.1 on my PC. Perhaps, I am overthinking this but wanted to get some feedback before I install the program.

1) Install Photoshop CS5.1 without any components, and update Camera Raw Manually.

-This will result in having Bridge CS5.1 and Photoshop CS5.1 in my start menu programs and only Photoshop CS5.1 in my control panel programs.

-When I check for updates within Photoshop CS5.1, it will display the Application Manager. Why this is, I don't know since there is nothing to update.

2) Install Photoshop CS5.1 without any components, and update Camera Raw through Photoshop CS5.1, which is Application Manager.

-This will result in having Application Manager, Bridge CS5.1 and Photoshop CS5.1 in my start menu programs and only Photoshop CS5.1 in my control panel programs.

-When I check for updates within Photoshop CS5.1, there are none and I'm fully up to date.

I would then never click on Application Manager in the start menu to prevent it from becoming Creative Cloud.

3) Install Photoshop CS5.1 without any components, and update Camera Raw through Photoshop CS5.1, which is Application Manager.

-This will result having Application Manager, Bridge CS5.1 and Photoshop CS5.1 in my start menu programs and only Photoshop CS5.1 in my control panel programs.

-When I check for updates within Photoshop CS5.1, there are none and I'm fully up to date.

-Then, click on Application Manager in the start menu and update it to Creative Cloud.

-Finally, I will have Creative Cloud, Bridge CS5.1 and Photoshop CS5.1 in my start menu programs and Photoshop CS5.1 plus Creative Cloud in my control panel programs.

I'm sure I speak for many when I say, I don't like having unnecessary programs installed on my PC. Especially, ones I know I will never use. Like I said, I don't even install any the "extra/unnecessary" components with Photoshop CS5.1. I don't think I will ever even use Bridge CS5.1. However, Bridge CS5.1 has to be installed with Photoshop CS5.1.

Which installation option should I choose, what is proper? (I know for sure that I will never become a CC subscriber)

Is Application Manager, (all versions) completely discontinued and officially replaced with Creative Cloud?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having trouble deciding on which way I should install Photoshop CS5.1 on my PC. Perhaps, I am overthinking this but wanted to get some feedback before I install the program.

1) Install Photoshop CS5.1 without any components, and update Camera Raw Manually.

-This will result in having Bridge CS5.1 and Photoshop CS5.1 in my start menu programs and only Photoshop CS5.1 in my control panel programs.

-When I check for updates within Photoshop CS5.1, it will display the Application Manager. Why this is, I don't know since there is nothing to update.

2) Install Photoshop CS5.1 without any components, and update Camera Raw through Photoshop CS5.1, which is Application Manager.

-This will result in having Application Manager, Bridge CS5.1 and Photoshop CS5.1 in my start menu programs and only Photoshop CS5.1 in my control panel programs.

I would then never click on Application Manager in the start menu to prevent it from becoming Creative Cloud.

3) Install Photoshop CS5.1 without any components, and update Camera Raw through Photoshop CS5.1, which is Application Manager.

-This will result having Application Manager, Bridge CS5.1 and Photoshop CS5.1 in my start menu programs and only Photoshop CS5.1 in my control panel programs.

-Then, click on Application Manager in the start menu and update it to Creative Cloud.

-Finally, I will have Creative Cloud, Bridge CS5.1 and Photoshop CS5.1 in my start menu programs and Photoshop CS5.1 plus Creative Cloud in my control panel programs.

I'm sure I speak for many when I say, I don't like having unnecessary programs installed on my PC. Especially, ones I know I will never use. Like I said, I don't even install any the "extra/unnecessary" components with Photoshop CS5.1. I don't think I will ever even use Bridge CS5.1. However, Bridge CS5.1 has to be installed with Photoshop CS5.1.

1) Which installation option should I choose, what is proper? (I know for sure that I will never become a CC subscriber)

2) Is Application Manager, (all versions) completely discontinued and officially replaced with Creative Cloud?

3) If I choose option 3, can I then safely uninstall Creative Cloud without effecting Bridge CS5.1, Photoshop CS5.1 and the Camera Ram 6.7 update? If I do this, will the Application Manager show up in Photoshop CS5.1 when I check for updates?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines