• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Differences Between LR CC in Windows and on Android Devices

Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What differences are there between using Lightroom CC on a Windows laptop and a Chromebook? Will the Windows version have more features and functionality, or are the Windows and Android versions identical in features and functionality?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

It turns out to be a bit more complicated than my earlier question. I do my main Lightroom processing on my desktop with the Classic version. Lightroom CC enables me to do a good amount of editing on a laptop away from my base, the changes I make in this manner being carried over to the desktop and Lightroom Classic CC. My assumption was that a Chromebook would run the Android version of LR CC, enabling me to buy a cheaper lighter laptop than the one I currently have. Not so. Chromebooks will no

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't imagine that 'functionality' would be different. GUI look may vary a bit (but that's just a guess)

I use Lr CC on a Windows Desktop & a Laptop and on a Mac laptop. All function is the very same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chromebook runs the Android OS, right? Then yes, Windows version has more functionality. Off the top of my head, more edit tools that aren't yet available on Android, stacking, edit capture time, easier navigation by date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turns out to be a bit more complicated than my earlier question. I do my main Lightroom processing on my desktop with the Classic version. Lightroom CC enables me to do a good amount of editing on a laptop away from my base, the changes I make in this manner being carried over to the desktop and Lightroom Classic CC. My assumption was that a Chromebook would run the Android version of LR CC, enabling me to buy a cheaper lighter laptop than the one I currently have. Not so. Chromebooks will not load Android apps unless they have a later version of the Chrome OS (version 53 and up). The less expensive Chromebooks I was looking at are older and have earlier versions of the OS. I may revisit this issue later, but for now I'll stick to my 5-year old Windows laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines