Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export GIF Transparency and Matte

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In this newest update, when I try to export GIF's the transparency function makes all of my white fills transparent as well instead of just the background.

Also, the matte function is grayed out and I cannot change it.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Photoshop is the best for creating transparent GIF.....

but what are you trying to export? An image you created in Animate? Selecting the white will make everything white transparent.

So how about making your background or the eye slightly off white.... then it will not be removed.

or take a screen shot of the image, and then drop out the background in Photoshop.

Hope that helps!

cheers!
mark

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like this is a Photoshop Question?

but instead of choosing a color to MAKE transparent, turn off the background layers in Photoshop or whatever it is you want to look transparent, and once everything Looks how you want it, then export it as a GIF, or if you want to keep a drop shadow or want alpha transparency you can export as a PNG24.

Please make sure you are posting in the correct forum next time.

cheers!

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is, this is in Adobe Animate CC 2018. There is no background layer and no way to make it transparent in the stage, only when exporting. My previous version of Animate would make only the background transparent when making a gif and would allow me to make a Black matte so that it matched the color of the linework. Now, the matte option is grayed out and the transparency button makes all white areas transparent, not just the background.

Thanks,
Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is the best for creating transparent GIF.....

but what are you trying to export? An image you created in Animate? Selecting the white will make everything white transparent.

So how about making your background or the eye slightly off white.... then it will not be removed.

or take a screen shot of the image, and then drop out the background in Photoshop.

Hope that helps!

cheers!
mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I know the problem! You might have to color IN the white in the eye and wherever else.... maybe the white you are seeing is the WHITE background in Animate... that will all be transparent. So just use the paint bucket tool to FILL the eye with white.

hope that helps!

mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines