• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PhotoShop CC Vers. 19 Release Bug-o-Rama

Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe, what is going on here with CC vers. 19??? The brush tool and any related/similar tool (healing brush etc.) are brutally lagging, destroying productivity flow, and sucking valuable production hours from those of us who make our living on digital art. Photoshop, once such a fantastic product that it literally entered the English language as a verb all its own, is starting to feel like just another faceless corporate tool, relegating its end users to little better than lab rats to test that latest version on. Photoshop's reliability right now is questionable at best. FIX THIS, or start issuing some refunds!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacoby Alley,

I'm not experiencing the latency that you are describing with the various brush tools on CC 2018 (v 19), with the exception of the actual Brush tool. Smoothing is a new feature that comes along behind us and attempts to smooth out our brush strokes. Have you tried lowering the value to 0?

Screenshot 2017-12-21 13.16.06.png

You might want to review your computer specifications to ensure that you more than meet the minimum requirements.

That said, this is a user-to-user forum, so we can't do anything about the software itself. Please use the link below to communicate issues with the program to the Adobe engineers.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family?topic-list[settings][type]=problem

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already tried zeroing out the smoothing, unstacking my meticulously stacked groups, flattening portions of my file... nothing keeps this brush tool from lagging about every 45 seconds to two minutes. I bought the box I'm working on specifically to do the job, so I feel fairly certain that's not the issue. I'll ping the engineers as well. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m sorry to hear that, but that’s a good next step. I wish you the best.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just took Photoshop SIX FULL MINUTES to "render" this small bit of brushwork on a large image for a layer mask. SIX MINUTES, on a computer with 8GB of RAM and a good graphics card. Adobe, I am getting more than a little tired of Adobe engineers using PAYING CUSTOMERS as lab rats for pre-release versions of products that we pay GOOD MONEY FOR. This is how some of us MAKE OUR LIVING - you are stealing from us. MAKE THIS RIGHT.

renderlag.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are not addressing Adobe staff here, the forum is answered by volunteer users.

What you show is certainly not normal and, from what I see of your screenshot, that image is not large (it looks to be under 7000x5000 pixels).

You have not given any system details - "good graphics card" does not mean much. Can you go to help >System info and press copy. Then paste the detail here. We may be able to help you

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines