• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move CC programs to new hard drive

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got an additional, faster hard drive and I would like to move photoshop and if needed all adobe cc products to the new drive. Can I do this without uninstalling and reinstalling the programs?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't be done manually, not easily if at all.

To many pointer in the Registry or whatever OS X uses for the same thing along with many different folders in your Username folder.

If you plan on totally replacing the drive PS is now installed on, along with every other folder and file, OS Programs and the like, then use a Drive imaging program, Windows, to create an image your current drivfe and then restore that image to the new drive (there are also Drive Copy program to directly copy from one drive to another) or a Cloning program, Mac, to make an exact duplicate.

If you plan on using the original drive and install the new drive, with a new letter, Windows, or Name, Mac, then the only sure way to move any Adobe program from one to the other is to Uninstall from the old, set the CC DTA to install to that new drive letter/name and reinstall the programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

btcfilms  wrote

I just got an additional, faster hard drive and I would like to move photoshop and if needed all adobe cc products to the new drive. Can I do this without uninstalling and reinstalling the programs?

What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines