• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shift Focus

Guide ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My job has just upgraded me from several-years-old software to CC2018, and I'm missing a shortcut. Mac OS calls it "Shifting Focus," but it's just using Command ` to alternate between windows while withing one program. It works in the OS to view other windows, and it works in InDesign, but I can't get it to work in Acrobat Pro DC in High Sierra. I've searched for the answer, but I'm not sure what Adobe calls it. Maybe there's a setting in Acrobat that is switched off, or being used for another purpose. Can anyone tell me how to make this work, or what it's called so that I can keep searching?

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

FYI, if anyone is looking in, I found the answer. Control Tab will cycle through open tabs. Add the shift key if you want to cycle in the other direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you viewing with tabs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With tabs there is only one window so window switching shortcuts don’t apply. I don’t know if there is a “next tab” shortcut...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if that's correct or not, but if so, it's something unique to Acrobat. I can have multiple InDesign files open as tabs, and Command ` will roll through them without any trouble. The same is true with Illustrator and Photoshop. Do you know that to be a fact, or is that just a guess?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYI, if anyone is looking in, I found the answer. Control Tab will cycle through open tabs. Add the shift key if you want to cycle in the other direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines