• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe® Photoshop® CC: The Complete Guide- Online by Ben Willmore- Opinion and Question

Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben Willmore's online course   Adobe Photoshop CC Class with Ben Willmore | CreativeLive

has good reviews but uses Ps CC 2015.  It is on sale until the end of today.

2 Questions:  Is it a good course for a relative beginner to Ps?

Is it a problem that it teaches using the 2015 cc version?

Thanks you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Looking over the courses, I would say this is defiantly targeted towards beginners.

The fact that hes using an older version doesn't really bother me a whole lot. You just may come to a point in a course that doesn't make sense or the function isn't there. I wouldn't be worried about that too much though.

Check out Lynda: Online Courses, Classes, Training, Tutorials and https://www.udemy.com

YOu can also get great deals over at https://deals.creativebloq.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I haven't looked at Ben's book, he is a good teacher. The information will be relevant to later versions of PS, but some features will be missing and a few might be out dated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen this course, but it is on sale because the 2018 version is out. If you are brand new, you will find many useful things from Ben Wilmore, and you can catch up on new features later. Some things will work differerently. You didn't say how much of a sale. 10% off? 75% off?

Maybe someone who has seen it will chime in before the end of the day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

40% off.  $199 to $119.

This is the online course.  So you are suggesting that he may be coming out with updated online course? 

$200 seems a bit pricey to me.  Thus, my question.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the benefits of the online course is that you do have access to videos forever.  I believe this is different than the Lynda courses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you can view your courses anytime with udemy as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is correct!  Just checked it out.  Very affordable $10 course (80% off) and has updates.  Will start there and build on it as needed.  Thanks all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking over the courses, I would say this is defiantly targeted towards beginners.

The fact that hes using an older version doesn't really bother me a whole lot. You just may come to a point in a course that doesn't make sense or the function isn't there. I wouldn't be worried about that too much though.

Check out Lynda: Online Courses, Classes, Training, Tutorials and https://www.udemy.com

YOu can also get great deals over at https://deals.creativebloq.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines