Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow browser based upload speeds to lightroom.adobe.com

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, folks-

I'm attempting to upload about 12 GB of photos (around 250 raw files) from a shoot to my Lightroom CC account (lightroom.adobe.com). I'm finding the browser based upload speeds to be EXTREMELY slow- far below what I know the Internet connection is capable of.

With no other traffic, I tested the upload speed of the connection using my browser (speedtest.net) to be about 7.5 Mbps. This means that the 12 GB upload should take just around 4 hours.

I tried uploading the files using Adobe Cloud Files Sync (dropping them in the sync folder and letting the system tray app do it) and the upload did indeed take just around 4 hours. However that process places the files in my Creative Cloud library, which is the wrong location and I can't seem to find a way to move them over to Lightroom without re-uploading them. Also I don't want to keep a copy on my computer at all.

When I try uploading them directly to lightroom.adobe.com using the browser interface, the upload takes absolutely forever. It has been running for about 5 hours now and is just about 1/3 complete, so based on current performance will take around 15 hours vs the 4 it should have taken.

Has anyone else had similar results? I'm testing with just one shoot but eventually want to upload my entire library of about 700 GB to the service. My ultimate hope was to upload files while on site for shoots and edit them live, but at these upload speeds that does not seem to be likely.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi simonb,

Well, Lightroom cloud and creative cloud are different clouds so if you upload anything on the creative cloud it won't show up on Lightroom.adobe.com.

You can try the new Lightroom CC desktop app which will directly upload the originals to the cloud and sync it to all the platforms.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Mohit. I tried the app and got similarly slow upload speeds.

I was able to complete uploading in the end, but it took about 3 weeks of continuous uploading for me to upload all my files. It may not be possible to know what the issue was, but I guess it's not widespread.

-S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here, just one month later. The speed is ridiculous. Someone needs to beef up their AWS otherwise I'm going to quit...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines