Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

convert Layered PDF into Layered PSD

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

This is probably question for an expert .

What is the best way how to achieve this result. I am researching this for a quite a while now.

what-i-need.jpg

The picture represents what i want to achieve but simply cannot.

Only way I can achive it is, manually by disabling the visibility of all layers but one and export as png. And like this I export all layers, than batch import them into Photoshop.

I hope there any preflight option that will allow me to export layers as separate pdfs ?

Here is my layered pdf from autocad.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jyz9dpw8mze4vo8/file.pdf?dl=0

And I want to be able to open layered pdf from autocad as a layered psd in Photoshop.

regards,

TP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Mostly - no. PDF layers have an entirely different meaning than PSD layers and when originating from a CAD program there may be additional complications due to CAD "layers" being yet another concept. You could script the layer separatrion in Acrobat, though. Should not be more than a few lines of code.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mostly - no. PDF layers have an entirely different meaning than PSD layers and when originating from a CAD program there may be additional complications due to CAD "layers" being yet another concept. You could script the layer separatrion in Acrobat, though. Should not be more than a few lines of code.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any idea how the few lines of code look like or where to look for them ?

On the internet I found things like these:

https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/create_use_layers

Action or JavaScript to save visible layers as individual PDFs (JavaScript)

Is it possible to Frankenstein code I need from those ? Or do i need to hire somebody to write the code for me ?

TP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use www.Photopea.com to convert any PDF file into a PSD file. The content of a PDF has an entirely different structure than a PSD, but Photopea does quite a good job in "restructuring" the content of a PDF. The text is turned into editable text layers, vector shapes (with gradient fills, dashed strokes, etc.) are turned into PSD shape layers, etc.

Here is your PDF in Photopea: 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines